The Night Circus project is currently looking for a costume designer/stylist!
The amazing designer who designed and created Poppet and Widget’s costumes has decided to head back to Australia which means I am looking a new creative collaborator to join the project.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to build their experience in costume design/styling and gain experience on photo shoots.
- The project runs on a shoe string budget so I’m especially interested in hearing from resourceful individuals able to combine making from scratch with charity shop/flea market finds.
- All work is done on a time for photos basis and costs for approved materials and other purchases are reimbursed or covered up front.
You do not need to have read The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern before getting in touch but reading the book if selected is a requirement. If you are a fan of novels with the circus, magical elements and/or late 19th, early 20th century fashion I promise it won’t be a hardship. Photo shoots happen in Edinburgh but the costume designer does not have to be based here but you would need to travel into Edinburgh for photo shoots.
As this is a personal project scheduling is very flexible and can be worked around other commitments.
If you are interested please send me a message including:
- Why you are interested
- Relevant experience including links to any portfolios or images of your work if you have them
- if you have already read the book
- any additional information you think might be helpful
Send messages to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If I think you might be a good fit I’ll be in touch to arrange an informal chat. As I am looking for someone interested in working on the project over the longer term, i.e. not just one portrait this is as much how well we work together and connect as it is about creative vision and experience. This will also be an opportunity to talk more about how the creation process works on the project and for you to ask questions.
There is no fixed deadline, I’ll be reviewing messages and setting up chats as they come in so if you are interested please don’t hold off!